Saturday, August 29, 2015

SAF 2015: Threads Challenge

Threads Challenge. Instead of making a card embellishment, I made a bracelet (so a wrist embellishment). I was perusing my stash of Melon Berry buttons (from SAF 2012) and I saw this button that had wavy Melon Berry lines in a transparent button.

I used two strands of Rustic Cream Button Thread and then braided them after making a loop (the two inner threads braided as one strand with the two outer threads. On the loop side I just braided and made a loop, cutting off the excess. The loop should be just large enough for the smaller button to go through.

I used my "needle" applicator to apply Ranger's Matte Multi Medium to make sure the knot doesn't come undone. The button twine can be a little "hairy" after braiding which is easily remedied with a little trimming.

SAF 2015 Bridal Challenge

Here's my take on Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire 2015 Bridal Challenge.

stamp and die sets: Everyday Happiness, Rosie Posie, Fabulous Frames
paper: Stamper's Select White, White Shimmer, Sheer Basics Vellum Patterned Paper (tiny polka dots and Chevron)
embossing powder: Sparkle n' Shine Gold Detail, Sparkle n' Shine White Detail Opaque
adhesives: Stampin' Up foam pop ups, Ranger Matte Multi Medium (sequins), mini glue dots (behind the embossed areas of the flower).
embellishments: white flower sequins from Lovely Laurels mini kit, Darice 8mm Crystal sequins, PTI silk ribbon on a spool

Friday, August 28, 2015

Stamp-a-faire 2015 Fashion Show

Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire is kicking off with a Fashion Show. Since I have zero selfie skills, I hung my shirt on the gate so the picture would be focused lol. 

I used the Fashion Sense stamp set with Dandelion and Rich Cocoa MementoLUXE mixed media ink. I just need to iron it for permanence.  Then I stamped the Tim Gunn  "Make it work." sentiment.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015


I'm down to my last three sheets of unmounted rubber stamp sheets that need to be processed and filed. That was a daunting task lol. 

I treated myself to a couple of purchases. Ground Espresso inkpad, paint and marker. So for the minute (or until the first Friday of September I have all the Distress Inkpads and markers. Then I got a reward voucher for $10 from AC Moore and spent it on some more Tim Holtz products (how could I resist the tiny mason jars?????) and finally a pair of very very tiny scissors.

I finally finished my stint in physical therapy (2.5 months), and much progress was made. I feel confident I can do the last bit at home. But it is great to be able to sing "I'm a Little Teapot" again with proper arm movements. And the itching from my allergy tests Monday is finally subsiding.

Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for a peak at more crafty spaces : D.

Wednesday, August 19, 2015


Leftovers from the two engagement cards I made Monday. I used 6 stamp sets lol. And then spilled embossing powder over the set in the back. Just so you know embossing powder loves to stick on uncovered polymer stamps. I used two sets of dies to make the pop-up features. You can read all the details in the post below this one if you are interested : D. 

edited to add: The embossing powder washes off in running water.

Now I'm getting ready for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire on the 29th. It's free and there is a lot of inspiration should you be looking for something to do that day : D. Head over to Julia's Stamping Ground for a peek at more crafty spaces.

Monday, August 17, 2015

Love Is In the Air

Make It Monday #221: Masking Sentiments could not have been more timely! I needed to make two engagement cards and had figured out the insides, but hadn't a clue as to the fronts. The sentiment is from Club Scrap's Oopsie Daisy kit Art Nouveau stamp sheet (stamped in Walnut Stain). The tree is from Papertrey Ink's Falling Leaves stamp set (stamped with Gathered Twigs) only instead of the leaves I used the heart from the Make It Market kit: Country Fair. The hearts on the tree are heat embossed with Zing! Grapefruit embossing powder and then in Versamark above the trees. And the card base is Spring Moss.

The inside features a pop up element using the round die from Make It Market kit: Party Pops (using patterned cardstock from the same kit). Then I partially die cut the oval from the Limitless Layers 2 1/4" Oval die set. The image is from Simply Jane on a second oval. The inside sentiment is from Make It Market kit: Beautiful Brushstrokes. The hearts are hand cut from washi tape.

The second card is pretty much the same except the sentiment is stamped with Bundled Sage and the card base is Sweet Blush.

The inside is also the same as the first card except the paper comes from Make It Market Place kit: You're A Masterpiece and I used a different stamp from Simply Jane.

Wednesday, August 12, 2015


I took this picture early this morning, but between one thing and another (especially getting to the dealership to have the car fixed after receiving two recall notices), I'm finally posting. I spent most of last week editing photographs, and learning new picture tweaking skills (yes yes I CAN totally convert NEF files into TIFF files by the hundreds lol). I did manage to tidy up a bin or two. These are 8x8 pages looking for a new home after they were kicked out of the travel embellishment bin and the picture to the right was hiding in there too.

I did write up my blog post for Club Scrap's Guest Artist Blog Hop. I made a double layout, embellished a storage container (now earring storage), four cards and a mini-book. It's the post below this one if you care to have a gander. I was tickled pink to be asked : ).

For more crafty goings on, head over to Julia's Stamping Ground and get a peek into more crafty spaces.